Friday, July 29, 2011

The Hares and the Frogs

The Hares, persecuted by the other beasts and afraid even of their own shadows, had a council to decide what to do. The conclusion they came to was to die rather than live on with this shame. So, they went to a pond, determined to drown themselves.
But when they were just about to jump, some Frogs who had been sitting on a water lily, startled by the noise they made, rushed to the deep water for safety. 
“Look,” cried a Hare, “there are creatures who are even afraid of us, so things are not so bad, after all. We don’t need to die any more.”



Moral: However unfortunate we may think we are, there is always someone worse off than ourselves.

My words:
Do you ever think about how miserable your life is? Just think about it again.

 I have also experienced having this feeling of giving up because I always think that my life is the most miserable life EVER. I always fail to meet up with the expectations of other people. When I encounter a problem or face such great humiliation, I want to run away from the world and hide my face forever. But I start to think, why hide? I'm lucky that I live in this world having family and friends beside me who loves me for what I am. There are other people out there who experience worse situations like being abandoned by parents, being abused, being discriminated in the society or at school or being bullied. At least I still have something to stand up for. I'm also lucky to live with a home, enough food, and a good education unlike those kids out there who dig for their own food with no parents to help them and living inside boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment